I’m now 33 weeks along in my pregnancy—only 7 more weeks until my due date! It could be as few as 5 weeks, though, if she decides to be like her sister.
Here are some of the things that have been going on since my last pregnancy post:
- I seem to have conveniently forgotten how large I became during my first pregnancy. I consistently catch my reflection in the mirror and think, “OH MY GOD! HOW AM I GOING TO GET ANY BIGGER!?!?!”
- I’ve only gained 30 pounds so far! Wheee! I gained 55 pounds when I was pregnant with Adelaide (OMGWTF!?), so my goal during this pregnancy was to gain 40 or less. If I stick to the projected average, and only gain one pound a week for the remainder of the third trimester, then I should gain another 5-10 pounds keeping me wonderfully within my weight-gain goal! Here’s to more fruits and veggies!
- This little peanut still kicks me like crazy, but now she does this funny thing where she pushes out with her feet and then rubs them along the inside of my tummy. It feels so strange!!
- I can no longer tie my shoes…which is a problem, now that it’s no longer flip-flop weather.
- I can still pick up Adelaide! Just can’t do much while she’s up…
- I never thought I’d experience being bruised from the inside. I can honestly say, it doesn’t feel good.
- I sleep with three pillows everynight. It’s the only way I get any sleep.
- Our household milk consumption has hit an all-time high. I thought it was bad in my last pregnancy, but this time around, our family is going through five gallons a week. FIVE GALLONS A WEEK!?! And since it’s organic milk, it’s $5 per gallon. WE ARE SPENDING $100 A MONTH ON MILK!??!?
- It’s official. We need a cow.
- This little girl hardly ever hiccups. I think I’ve noticed faint hiccups twice. During my pregnancy with Adelaide, she hiccuped EVERYDAY for hours on end.
- Adelaide came with me to my midwife appointment this week. She was very excited to show the doctor where her baby sister was. When we were listening to the heart beat Adelaide said, “Baby sister so loud!”. Ohhhh she hasn’t heard anything yet! haha!
- Our little girl is measuring right on track, with a healthy heart beat and she is still head down! yippee!