Cadence is nine weeks old, and officially hit “two months” on Saturday (the 28th). Yesterday (Monday) was her two-month check up…she weighs 13 lbs!!!! haha! WOW! 13 lbs, puts her in the 90th percentile for weight, while her modest 22″ length keeps her in the 50th percentile for height. That’s my girl! I was a little concerned about her weight because Adelaide was NOT this big at two months old (she was 11.8 lbs), but our pediatrician insisted that on-demand breastfeeding is perfectly fine and Cadence is not over eating. So there you go. We have an super cute, super chubby, super healthy two-month old!
Last week was pretty low key. We had two fun outings—one to Café au Play and one to meet up with a friend of mine from high school. Both went great! I have a post planned to show you pics of our Café au Play experience…stay tuned!
And now, for some fun facts about our two-month-old:
- Cadence got her first round of vaccines yesterday. It made yesterday the most difficult day I’ve had in a while. She seemed to not even notice the first injection, but the second one really pissed her off. After her shots, I moved Adelaide, Cadence and I to the waiting room to try and feed Cadence and calm her down. While I was attempting to feed a screaming infant and not show the entire waiting room my boobs, Adelaide came up to me and said “I have to go potty, mama” and then proceeded to pee her pants in front of me. Ya. That happened. So after Cadence screamed herself to sleep and I dealt with a toddler wardrobe change, we finally got back in the car and headed home. At least it all happened at the pediatricians office, where they’re somewhat sympathetic to the trials of parenting…but ya, that was the beginning of a long and suck-filled day.
- She can hear us! She is very aware of her surroundings now, and when she hears noises, she turns her head to look in the direction of the noise. Pretty neat, except when she’s napping…and it wakes her up…ya, that happened a lot last week. The concept of keeping the baby asleep so that Adelaide can have uninterrupted mommy-time is completely lost on Adelaide. Hopefully she’ll figure this out soon!
- Cadence is working on her gross motor skills. Her arms still flail wildly, but on several occasions we’ve seen her try to control her arms. She swats at toys and even grabs them if they fall in her hand (see pics below) and last night Matt was waving at her, and she waved back! It didn’t look like any kind of hand/arm waving that you or I would do, but she very clearly watched Matt wave at her, then he would stop, and a moment later she would flail her arm around and put it down. They did it three times!! She is so much fun when she’s awake now!
- Cadence made her first trip to the mountain!! We took a family trip to Mt. Hood to play in the snow on Sunday (post coming soon!) and Cadence, of course, went with us. She did great on the two-hour drive, only had one diaper blow-out, and held her screaming until we were 10 minutes from home. All-in-all, a successful trip!
- Cadence loves to watch her sister. I’ve said this before, but her enjoyment becomes more and more obvious every week. If Adelaide sits next to Cadence while she’s awake and sings songs/reads books/holds toys up, Cadence will just stare and smile and coo and be the happiest baby in the world. She rarely ever tires of Adelaide—Adelaide usually gets bored first. I love that I have a little helper, and Adelaide loves that she can interact with her sister!
- Sleep!! We got consistent 6-hour stretches of sleep from Cadence all last week!! A-MA-ZING!!!!! And her “bed-time” has moved up too. Now she goes to bed between 8 and 10 and will sleep until about 4am, wake up for a feeding, then back to sleep for another 2-4hours. Last night, she only woke up once between 10 pm and 8 am!!! I feel so rested today! YAY!
- Now that Cadence hit that 13lb mark, she should fit into the medium-size gDiapers, which means I get to stop buying disposables! Hooray!! I have about a week of disposable size 1’s left, and then I’m moving her to gDiapers. I’m not excited about having to flush a gazillion diapers again, but I am excited about keeping several hundred pounds of shit-filled, plastic-infused diapers out of our landfills. And a less smelly garbage can. Woo hoo! Can’t wait!
Here are some pics of our adorable two-month old!