We had a very relaxing, delicious and fun Fourth of July!
- We went to the park in the morning
- EVERYONE took an afternoon nap
- We made rainbow slime
- Played in the backyard
- Ate a delicious dinner (chicken skewers with the most amazing marinade)
- Followed by a delicious dessert (angel food cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream)
- And finally, the best part of the day, we let Adelaide stay up super late so she could participate in her first Fourth of July fireworks!
Since the sun sets around 9PM, it doesn’t really get dark until about 9:30, so we had to keep Adelaide up significantly later than usual. She was cranky, but super excited about not having to go to bed. After dinner we rented a movie to pass the time, and when it was finally dark enough, we went outside to the driveway to introduce Adelaide to fireworks! We didn’t go nuts—I got a few of those fountain firework boxes, the spinning “flowers”, and some sparklers. Adelaide didn’t seem to mind the sparklers, though she wasn’t enthusiastic about them either. The spinning flowers were much too loud and chaotic for her. And by the time we got to the fountains, she was fully convinced that fireworks were the scariest things ever. Oh well, Matt and I enjoyed the fireworks and I’m sure next year, Adelaide will be a much bigger fan.
Here are a few of our photos from yesterday!