Cadence is 14 months old!
I totally spaced last month and didn’t notice when the 28th came and went and suddenly Cadence was 13 months old! I almost missed it this month too! Luckily, I looked at my phone long enough to notice the date and then made a point to snap some pictures of our growing girl.
A quick list of some of Cadence’s new skills:
• She talks A LOT! Her words now consist of, “mama”, “dada”, “no no no”, “HEY!”, “Hi”, “No no dada” (that one’s my favorite!), “all done!”, “bye” and “is it?”.
• She’s signing a little! It’s exciting because Adelaide never really signed. Cadence’s signs are: “more”, “please” and “all done”. I’m hoping for “thank you” any day now. And technically, she signs “hi” and “bye” too, but we all do that 🙂
• She calls her blanky, “ba ba ba”. I think this came from me asking “do you want up up up?” and then picking up her blanket, followed by her for some snuggle time before naps. So she started saying “up up up” which sounded more like “pa pa pa” and now it’s evolved into “ba ba ba”.
• She walks everywhere now and loves to hold someones hand and lead them all around the house. Please make note, when hand-holding, she prefers to LEAD and not follow. LOL!
• She’s become very good at obtaining and KEEPING a toy. In other words she’s figured out how to prevent her sister from taking her toys away from her. This has caused a lot more conflict in our house, but I’m proud of the little girl for trying to hold her own.
• She’s still a terrible eater 🙁 I can’t figure her out. Somedays she loves a certain food and the next she hates it. It’s really frustrating!
• She still only has 6 teeth (four top and two bottom). This may be a contributing factor to her limited food pallet.
• She’s started throwing tantrums. I think it’s mostly experimental, to see how we react. I really hope it doesn’t turn into a habit.
• She still laughs louder and more frequently than anyone in this house—it’s a wonderful sound.
Here’s our little 14-month-old showing off her adorable sunglasses—my little California girl!