Our first winter in Denver has been spectacular! We LOVE the snow and this is the first time that we’ve lived somewhere where it snows a lot! It’s really stretched my creativity when it comes to activities to do in and around the snow.
Snow Ice Cream has been all over the blog ‘o sphere this winter, but I wanted to change it up a bit and make toasted coconut snow ice cream! YUM! The perfect treat on a snowy afternoon!
The recipe could not be simpler. Enjoy!!
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- ¼ Cup Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Salt
- 8 Cups of Clean Snow*
- ¼ Cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- Spread the coconut flakes on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven at 350F for 5-10 minutes. Check on these frequently so they don't burn!
- In a medium bowl mix together the coconut milk, agave, vanilla and salt. Set this bowl in the freezer to chill.
- Go outside and collect your snow*! Make sure it's clean!
- Take the liquid ingredients out of the freezer and spoon in the snow a cup at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Scoop snow mixture into bowls and top with toasted coconut! (or sprinkles!)