There are few things more refreshing than lemonade on a hot summer evening. While I’m more-or-less required to share my day-time beverages with my two little caterpillars, once they’re in bed, that drink is all mine! So on these hot summer nights, when I’m unwinding after a busy day, I like to add a little “5PM twist” to my glass of lemonade.
Store bought lemonade is quick and easy, but when I’m only making one glass, I always reach for a fresh lemon instead. Here’s how to make yourself a tasty glass of homemade lemonade with a 5pm twist!
- 1-3 lemons - enough to yield ¼ Cup of fresh juice
- ¼ Cup water
- 3 Tbsp simple syrup (recipe below) more or less to taste
- 2 oz vodka
- Juice the lemons! I use a manual juicer, but a fork is quite effective as well. Anything you can use to extract the juice will work!
- Stir in water, simple syrup and vodka. Adjust quantities to taste.
- Add ice and enjoy!
How to Make Simple Syrup
I usually keep a jar of simple syrup in the kitchen. It comes in handy more often than you’d think! And it couldn’t be any easier to make!
- Bring 1/2 Cup of water to a boil in a small pot.
- Add 1 Cup of granulated sugar to the boiling water.
- Turn off the burner, but leave the pot on the hot burner. Stir until all of the sugar is dissolved and the syrup looks clear, not grainy.
- Cool to room temperature.
Yum!! I wish you many relaxing summer evenings with delicious lemonade!!