Watermelon is one of my favorite summer flavors! It’s cold, refreshing, and just the right amount of sweet. We almost always have one around, and when half-a-watermelon has been sitting in our fridge for too long, I like to use it up, all at once, and make Watermelon Cocktails!
They’re so easy to make! Here’s what you need:
• Blender or Food Processor
• Mesh strainer
• About half a watermelon
• Simple Syrup (see recipe below)
Remove the rind from the watermelon, and purée the watermelon pieces until there are no chunks remaining. Pour the watermelon purée through the strainer, into a bowl or pitcher. Mix in simple syrup and vodka to taste!
Optional: Garnish with a slice of watermelon.
Drink and enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE SYRUP
I usually keep a jar of simple syrup in the kitchen. It comes in handy more often than you’d think! And it couldn’t be any easier to make!
- Bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil in a small pot.
- Add 1 cup of granulated sugar to the boiling water.
- Turn off the burner, but leave the pot on the hot burner. Stir until all of the sugar is dissolved and the syrup looks clear, not grainy.
- Cool to room temperature.