Wow…I’ve been really bad about updating this blog. Two entries in a month? That is deplorable.
I wish I had more to write but I’ve gone so long that I feel too overwhelmed with the amount of things that I could write about to actually focus on one, and write something decent.
So…to sum things up:
- Adelaide is now 6 months old
- She eats two meals of solid food a day and her favorite foods, so far, are bananas and carrots. She definitely does not like sweet potatoes and peas. We have a pantry full of various baby foods that we are working through to see what else her taste buds do and don’t like.
- Adelaide has mastered the art of scooting on her back, and she can cross the living room in 5.4 seconds flat! (actually I made that part up, but the point is she’s fast!)
- She has no issues rolling from front to back and back to front and is actually very creative in maneuvering herself to reach various toys scattered on the floor.
- She has two new “toys”—a door jumper and a sitting/standing activity center. She loves being upright and goes totally nuts when she’s in the door bouncer!
- Adelaide hasn’t quite figured out sitting up unsupported yet, but she is very close!
- She had her second EUA since her glaucoma surgery and the results were great! Her pressures are holding steady which is excellent news. We’re down to only one eye drop, one time each day! Yay!
- I took Adelaide to see Santa (before Thanksgiving!! athankyou…) and we had a great experience! She was way more interested in the Christmas tree lights than in Santa or me or anything else going on. Despite her distraction we got a decent picture! This makes for easy Christmas card selection this year.
- Matt’s temporary position at Ziba has turned into a permanent position which means beginning January 4th I will be reporting to my new job as full-time mom! We’ll see how this goes!
Well, that’s all the big stuff! I’ll get more frequent blog posts going again so none of our adoring public (HA!) has to wonder what’s going on with the Bauers!