Adelaide’s first birthday was a little lost among all of the chaos of our move, but we tried extra hard to make her day special in all those one-year-old-baby ways.
- I made sure to get up right away, when I heard her talking in the morning, so she wouldn’t have to cry to wake us up.
- She got lots of mommy time in the morning, playing with toys on the floor.
- We had a yummy breakfast of waffles dipped in banana puree.
- Daddy got up early for playtime, and Adelaide got to open her first present. She figured out how to rip the paper!
- Got to run errands at Target with mommy. (Ok, that wasn’t for her birthday but she always enjoys a trip to Target!)
- Had a fabulous “party” with Aunt Dana, Uncle Dustin and honorary Aunt Nina.
- Became a pro at unwrapping gifts.
- Enjoyed a very tasty “cake” (sugarless applesauce spice bread with banana puree topping)