These lemon bars have been in the family recipe book for years now, and they never disappoint! Just a few ingredients, 30 minutes and you’re all set with a simple, and delicious summer treat!
My girls love helping me in the kitchen, and this recipe is perfect for involving kids, with out much stress, hassle, or mess!
It only takes a few ingredients, and 30 minutes to make these delicious summer treats! Easy and fast to prep before a playdate, picnic, or gathering with friends and family.
- 1 box cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 8oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of one lemon (about 1 tbsp, divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cake mix, 1 egg, coconut oil and ½ tbsp lemon zest until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup.
- Pat remaining mixture into an ungreased 9” x 9” baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, 1 egg and remaining lemon zest until creamy.
- Spread over baked layer. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture and gently press into the cheese mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Cool for 30 minutes, then refrigerate. Once the cream cheese is firm, cut into bars.
- Refrigerate bars for up to one week.